Mona Up Late
A great big Saturday night of art, music and fire at Mona during Dark Mofo. Come for the novelty of seeing three new exhibitions after dark; stay for the tunes, burnt things and crap weather.
Book museum entry if you want to get inside—there’ll be lots on both inside and out but indoor capacity will be limited. Catch the ferry (transport will be running until late). Dress for the elements. Door sales available on the night.
- Three new exhibitions open in the museum from Fiona Hall and AJ King, Jeremy Shaw, and Robert Andrew;
- Heaps of Dark Mofo-y music: in the museum, on the museum rooftop, and popping up around the grounds. View some of the line up here;
- Our bars and restaurants open late, serving food cooked on fire and drinks galore;
- All those big artworks you've been meaning to see will be running throughout the night, including House of Mirrors, Event Horizon and spectra;
- Museum capacity will be limited, but the festivities outside will not—it’ll be dark pretty early, so come in the late afternoon if you want to get inside before the rush;
- Ferries and buses will be shuttling throughout the night, with the last leaving the site at 10.30pm;
- The fun in the grounds is free for everyone, but normal museum entry fees still apply for all you interstaters (locals are free but will still need to book).
Header image: Mona at night with spectra, 2018, Ryoji Ikeda